autumn colours, cooking, fall colours, family, Gatineau, Ottawa, recipes, vacation, visits
We just passed through Canadian Thanksgiving.
I took my usual vacation so I could extend the gratitude, times for reflection and enjoy me some cool autumn temperatures.
We had a mixed bag of weather but that didn’t affect the memorable moments during various family gatherings.
- Succeeded with an argument-free, three-night, four-day visit from a sibling;
- Tasted several new, healthy dishes – even helped make a batch of Keto freezer cookies;
- Learned an exciting new recipe;
- Avoided tourist-y crowds in Gatineau so we could see the fall colours of the Gatineau Hills (been there, done that);
- Attended a fund raiser event that supported medical research plus the love of reading. Came away with a warm, fuzzy feeling and a bag-o-books;
- Went for morning walks when it wasn’t rainy and dark;
- Only had to use the Ottawa public transit bus service twice;
- Read, relaxed and got in lots of afternoon naps! They are SO underrated.
I spent no personal time on a Windows computer. Yay!
I got to spend more time with the Tabby Cat.
Now it’s reality time on a Sunday evening. I feel like a kid on a school night, having not finished my homework and dreading the next day. I have a job. I have a job. I want a job closer to home!
What are you thankful for?
Pingback: Thankful | Shewrite63